Thought for the week- Quote from William Jennings Bryan -“Destiny is not a matter of chance, It is a matter of choice-It is not a thing to be waited for , it is a thing to be achieved.” So with that being said Let’s choose wisely because sometimes there are no next time or time to do over. Have a good week. Shalom Peace Love!
Good morning everyone! With so much going on in the world now let’s encourage hope,peace , comfort for all of of us. Yes the covid 19 is the main news however let’s not forget babies are still being born, people are dying, divorcing, getting married, losing jobs, working from home, and children out of school. Everyday life has changed. Let’s not allow the stay at home order to bring about isolation and disruption even in the homes. This is a time to reflect, pray and learn to do something different. Let’s pray for the sick and those who mourn any type loss. Now is the time to pray without ceasing(stopping) God has everything in control, he never leaves us nor forsake us! Let’s continue in hope and continue to believe that everything is going to be alright. Shalom Peace Love!
Now is the time to reinvent, restore and refresh during these times of unexpected changes. We must step back and think of ways to recover and continue on our journey. Quitting is never and option for those with a clear vision. One thing for certain is that we must be ready to adapt and make the necessary changes to improve and reinvent. I had to step back and acknowledge the overwhelm and the stresses of being on autopilot which included being there for family, working, being a caregiver, and having to deal with so many family losses due to sickness and death, etc. In the process of all these things ,we must acknowledge the stress and the overwhelm and decide how to deal with all the challenges. When we acknowledge and then make a decision and come up with a plan then we can move forward. During that period in my life I had to learn to take better care of myself and to bring a balance and stay focus. The key is having a balance in work and personal life. My mission is to assist others in their journey to a well balanced life at work ,with relationships and life as a whole.
Here’s a podcast interview that I was on recently. Please listen in and and leave a comment regarding what you found valuable.
http://www.lindathompson.org check out website to know a little more about me.
It is very important to stay connected and hopeful through these times. Reach out and contact someone by text, email, phone, social media or any means necessary to help you get through. Some are feeling isolated but don’t feel that way. This is a temporary situation and this too will pass. Our lives have to adjust to what is going on however we must remain safe. Get creative and think of things that you can do at home. Remember to go outside in you yard to enjoy the sunshine. Keep hoping for the best and don’t give up. Doing some type of movement or exercise around the house will help you feel better. We should try to think of the positive things and let’s be grateful .
With so much negativity around us today, we must remain stable and positive. We know that a brighter day is coming in our lives , our situations and our homes. Be not discouraged, better days are ahead. we must continue believing and hoping for the best. Reach out by phone, text or social media to communicate with someone that maybe you haven’t talked to in awhile. Keep looking for the best and the best will find you. Shalom Peace and Love! Linda P. Thompson
I agree that there is alot of things going on today in the world however we must stay encouraged and fear not. Things are going to get better if we just believe. Let’s try to find ways to not become anxious and depressed. It will take alot of work but it can be done. We must read inspirational things, reach out to someone , serve someone, pray, think and speak positively and not give up.
It is always a wonderful time to set aside time to revisit some things and make changes. I have been away from the blog for a few days to do just that. In everything we do we must take out time for ourselves and refresh. We have people who count on us. Let’s take time to do self inventory and make positive changes and be a light to others.
For I know the plans I have for you, declares the Lord, “plans to prosper you and not harm you, plans to give you hope and a future.” Jeremiah 29 v 11 Stay focused. Everything will be alright.
Have you ever felt like quitting ? Does it seem like things aren’t happening as fast as you like? Don’t quit. You might be closer than you think of reaching your goal and dreams. Let’s keep our eyes on the prize which is reaching our goals. Stay focused don’t quit. Linda P Thompson
Healthy relationships are vital for enhancing every day living. Have you ever been around someone and their presence makes you feel good when they walk in the room? Have you every held a conversation with someone and when they leave you felt worst than before? I have experienced both . We have relationships with family, spouses, coworkers, children, business partners and each is different. Here are six of the roadblocks and there are many more.
- Unrealistic expectations- Expecting someone to be just like us instead of being their unique self.
- Lack of Communication- Choosing not to express the real need or what is expected. Instead we choose to leave hints and hope the individual gets the message. Sometimes giving the silent treatment due to surppressed anger.
- Assuming everything is alright in the relationship and the significant other has already withdrawn . Assuming an individual is happy and they are not. Assuming things will automatically get better without trying.
- Jealous or Envious of an individual relationship with other people. Jealous of another person gifts, talents, position, family, accomplishments etc.
- Feeling the need to compete and compare with someone else. Having the need to out do someone else for selfish gain is a roadblock.
- Unresolved emotional issues such as suppressing feelings that turns into bitterness,resentment, unforgiveness and sometimes hatred.
We can overcome these roadblocks by doing the following:
- Replace unrealistic expectations with accepting that everyone is unique and differences should compliment and enhance relationships instead of bringing conflict.Communicate realistic expectations and boundaries.
- Replace lack of communication with talking about what is desired or needed. We should really listen without distractions. Set aside a time to talk about serious matters.
- Replace assuming with asking specific questions ahead of time and prepare. We should be fact based rather than assume or be suspicious.
- Replace jealousy or envy with celebrating other people successes. Acknowledge the feeling and let go. Speak and think positively about yourself and do a self inventory.
- Instead of competing or comparing in a negative way replace it with discovering your unique talents and be grateful for what you have obtained.
- Replace emotional outburst with taking time out to breathe and pay attention to triggers when becoming angry. Sometimes although it may be painful revisit some childhood situations that may have occurred that resurface in relationships.
We can all work on our relationships. We all desire to have happy and healthy non toxic relationships. It is very possible. Here are five of the relationship roadblocks and there are many more.
Linda P. Thompson, Published Author Speaker, Lifestyle and Health Coach
Please feel free to share this article.